Friday, April 16, 2010

Looking Into The Past - Old and New Views of Sarnia - Combined

I got my inspiration to make these images from the Flickr.com group Looking Into The Past.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy making them!


Copyright 2010 John Rochon

.Looking up Ferry Dock Hill from the waterfront, one can almost imagine all the grand buildings that once stood there.


Copyright 2010 John Rochon.

If one stares at the southeast corner of Front and Cromwell Sts. long enough, one can almost see the old Vendome Hotel in all her glory.


Copyright 2010 John Rochon.

Looking at the beautiful facade of the former Lochiel Street School, now the Kiwanis Centre, one wonders why they didn't add the gymnasium onto the back of the school.


Copyright 2010 John Rochon.

Looking west down Lochiel St. from Christina St., c1910 and 2010.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I've often been chastised for my imagination working to see into the past but now you've just brought all my imaginings to reality! Somehow I feel like I was born in the wrong time! I'm a modern woman who for some stray reason without being told or reading anything knows where certain buildings once stood and doesn't know why.

    ReplyDelete